Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

creative se 7.1 / sata hd problem

• Please log in to reply

davidjc

davidjc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two problems here ,

Firstly , my creative se 7.1 sound card suddenly stopped working whilst playing, crashed the pc in the process. Reinstalled the drivers many times , taken the card out and put in different slots and it still will not work , mainly that the pc will not recognise it is there, although one hardware has shown up indevise manager since labled which the yellow question mark but that didnt seem to fix the problem when investigated. Have the onboard sound disabled. Cannot think of any thing else to try , Also the sound card works in other pcs

Secondly i have a 80gb sata storage drive , although after i reformatted the main raid it is nolonger picked by the pc that it is there. It isnt shown in drive manager, or in my computer , So again not sure what to do.

Any help?

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi david and welcome to G2G!

I know this might sound dumb but, try putting the sound card in another PCI slot because the one its in might have a problem. This happend to me only with a modem and I did this and it worked perfectly.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts

taken the card out and put in different slots and it still will not work... Also the sound card works in other pcs

Secondly i have a 80gb sata storage drive , although after i reformatted the main raid it is nolonger picked by the pc that it is there. It isnt shown in drive manager, or in my computer , So again not sure what to do.

Any help?

It sounds like you might be having a chipset driver issue, with the sound card. Grab the latest chipset drivers from the chipset manufacturers (not the motherboard or computer manufacturers) website, and that may just take care of it.

As far as the SATA drive...try using a different port on the motherboard. I recently had an issue where my new Windows install will only pick up 2 of my 4 SATA ports, no idea why, and haven't had time to investigate, but moving the drive fixed my problem.