Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another no task bar or Icon problem

• Please log in to reply

J-Hop

J-Hop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, well i hope this is where i should be posting this, but last night my laptop was hanging up a bit and the internet froze quite a few times (i dont know if this has any relation to my problem). Today I woke up and went to turn on my computer and when windows loaded there was nothing but the background, no icons or taskbar.

I tried loading it in safemode and the same thing occured. I have been accessing everything threw the task manager and everything seems to work fine, internet(im on the laptop right now) etc.

i noticed that explorer.exe was not in the running processes so i tried running explorer.exe but when i do that explorer will pop up in the task manager processes for only about a second and then disapper again.

BTW im running windows xp pro if that changes anything

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
welcome to geekstogo

yes that sounds like a malware infection
here is the cure then
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html