Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trouble Locating File

• Please log in to reply

fstarks74

fstarks74

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I had a problem with my PC (CD-Rom not working) and fixed it, but there is a program that I cannot access since. When I click on the file/icon, I get this message: "This application has failed to start because WMVCore.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I cannot find the cd-rom disk so I am unable to re-install the program (it's for Fuji film fine pix viewer s3100) and I want to know how I can access this program so I can start downloading pictures again from my camera. I contacted the camera company and they suggested I contact Mircosoft but my computer is no longer under warranty and I don't want to pay for tech support per hour! Please help or direct me.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?wmvcore

Try that and let me know how it goes. Just reinstall the file.

fstarks74

fstarks74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the download link, however, I still got the same message after I downloaded the link and unzipped the file. Any other suggestions since I don't can't find the CD rom that came with the camera?

fstarks74

fstarks74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
This is the response I got from Fuji Film support....
Thank you for contacting Fujifilm, USA's Contact Center. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. In computers, a dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, any of which can be called when needed by a larger program that is running in the computer. The small program that lets the larger program communicate with a specific device such as a printer orscanner. DLL files that support specific device operation are known as device drivers. Unfortunately, no program or device can be installed without first going through a specific .DLL file to "route" it to its necessary location. At this point in time we are suggesting that you please contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft directly for assistance and/or to obtain these missing or corrupted files. We sincerely hope that this information has been beneficial to you. Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm Digital Imaging products and services.

How do I "route" the dll file to the necesary location?

Edited by fstarks74, 05 November 2006 - 11:29 AM.