Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Help

• Please log in to reply

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Whenever I start up Windows XP on my comp now, i get a message after i have logged in by Symantec saying:

Necessary file could not load: NisProd

I click OK to this box and two more (symantec msg's) come up saying:

asfilter.dll is either damaged or cant be found
ccEmlflt.dll is either damaged or cant be found

I have not deleted any type of norton file at all, so i am suprised im getting these messages all of a sudden.

What should i do to get rid of these?

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Let's start with listing what have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I havent done anything...

i have no idea what to do

i tried finding tha .Dll's from a free dll library online but i couldnt find them

so what do i do..

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
As I understand it, NORTON is being unco-operative. I am not a fan of NORTON, so I will be biased in my assessment. Other progs can act up just as well, though.

It is my understanding that such error messages are handed out when the tree has been disturbed and the apples have fallen out, and are lying on the ground. :)

i.e. the file paths have been disturbed to the point where Windows cannot find what it thinks that it is looking for, or it really can't find what it is looking for, because it is no longer there...etc. or the path is not clear any longer. And like a blind person, you have to help it along on its path to its goals.

So, what can you do to help?

First do a system sweep for the lost files, and if found copy a version to a temp folder on c:\ I have one for "LOST FILES" that they all accumulate in...because if they go missing once, they may go missing again, and a safe cache of these pesky critters is helpful. If not found, do an internet sweep for a copy and hold them in the same cache for future reference. Visit sites that provide free "missing dlls" I'm not able to suggest one, as I do not have access to my bookmarks just now. I may leave you and go a huntin' and come back later...if someone does not beat me to it.

Short poem: "There are some that will charge you a fee, for what others will provide for free."

...acknowledge that one of these issues may be the culprit, and take measures to remedy the situation, by downloading and installing the necessary software to deal with it...

Some issues that will "blind" Windows...

1. malware
2. viri
3. bad install of subsequent software
4. resource conflicts
5. file conflicts
6. old drivers
7. older file versions
8. sloppy hard drive
9. sloppy registry
10. coke spilled onto the key board :blink:
11. assorted gremlins and goblins :help:
12. a mouse has set up house-keeping just under your hard-drive :whistling: [don't laugh, I killed eight mice, last winter, that had come indoors for the season, and had taken up residency in the ceiling above my computer, and then in the night had gone scouting. They found my cache of munchies beside my computer and had a gay old time...crap everywhere...
13. etc.

Long story short...clean everything in sight, defrag all possible sources, re-organize the tree for more efficiency, do a full system scan for the afore mentioned problem sources, etc.. with the best software you can find and afford [free where found].

Delete the program offending you, and reinstall it.

Dare I say, that only as a last resort, hit the computer with a hammer and spit into the back [remember that old Gary Cooper movie where he was a navigator on a bomber during WW II /]

This should not be a problem where you need to consider formatting anything.

Edited by b1caez01, 04 November 2006 - 03:38 PM.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
thanks for tha help ill try this