Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outgoing IP Address Tracking

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like to log the internet addresses associated with the www.somelocation.com entered into IE or Firefox. I have four children that use this machine and I just want to know where they have been without looking over their shoulder. I know there is lots of spy software but I am a little geeky and think there has got to be a way to do it within XP. A script or something that loads when IE or Firefox is started? I don't know. I looked at the fire wall logging, turned it on and tried to make heads or tails of the dst-ip, I could not get the dst-ip to resolve to a website when I typed it into google. Is that the actual IP of the web site the person is trying to gain access to and I am not resolving it properly, or is that the address translation address as my computer trys to access the site from my computer? I have a Netgear fast ethernet switch with a Netopia ASDL modem and Netgear wireless router. My ISP is Earthlink. This may be a little far out there to solicite any help on from you folks, but as a parent trying to raise four children who are all on the internet at various times each day, I need to know where they have been to help steer them in the right direction if the start wandering off course. Thanks in Advance.