Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msworks.exe

• Please log in to reply

sungerdierkes

sungerdierkes

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After 99% of QuickTime has been downloaded, I get a message that says "Windows cannot find msworks.exe. This program is needed for opening files of Zip type." I currently have MSWorks 4.0 installed (on an IBM Aptiva computer, with Windows 95 system), and I cannot find the msworks.exe file -- I'm sure I've deleted it. The Aptiva "diagnostics and utilities" cd doesn't contain the file; nor does the "product recovery" cd. When searching on Microsoft's website, it appears that the .exe file is on a floppy disk (which I don't have), and not the cd. Any ideas how I can load the .exe file OR how I can load QuickTime without needing this file? I absolutely need QuickTime in order to teach an online course starting on Monday.....Thanks!

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Here is a link with instructions for reinstalling MSWorks 4.0 on an Aptiva. Hope it helps.

http://mywebpages.co.../pc/works4.html

:tazz:

sungerdierkes

sungerdierkes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had tried that site already with no success. Thanks! Any other suggestions? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got anything which opens zip files if not get winzip

sungerdierkes

sungerdierkes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Keith,
Thanks! The winzip file opened the QuickTime file, and I didn't have to worry about the msworks.exe file after all. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know