Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem With Raid 0 Array

• Please log in to reply

Hashhead

Hashhead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
SPEC: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, 3ghz, 1GB dual, 2x120GB Seagate RAID 0

:tazz:

Is there a method to find out what the initial stripe size and drive order was, on a 2 disk RAID 0 array?

After creating the initial array and used it for a yr, the motherboard failed. Then the disks were installed on another mb, which didnt reognize the array so i made a mistake and created an array on that motherboard, possibly with different stripe size and different disk order. However i did not initialize the array, so the data is still all there on the disks...... I can see the parts and was even able to recover some text files - by searching for text in a disk editor...and finding and putting together the file clusters.

Please help me if you can T.I.A

Hashy

Advertisements