Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program Will Not Load Correctly

• Please log in to reply

majageek

majageek

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

I have two computers:
1) Dell Inspiron 8600, 2.0MHz, 40GB, 1GB RAM, XP Pro SP2
Running: ZA Pro Firewall, AVG Free7.5, SpywareGuard, SpywareTerminator,Win Defender
2) Dell Dimension 8400, 3.2MHz, 160GB, 1GB RAM, XP Pro SP2
Running: ZA Pro, AVG Free 7.5, SG, ST, Win Def, SnoopFree, Arovax, Win Patrol

I upgraded to IE7 on both computer about 14 days ago. I also got the latest version of AVG Free during the last 14 days.
I cannot think of any other changes I made to my systems in the last 14 days.

On both computers I use a trading platform/program - VTTrader from cms-forex.com
When I click on the VTTrader icon (desktop), it usually loads 1) a window titled "Update VTTrader" which disappears then 2) a Splash Box with VT logo, which disappears and then 3) a window titled "Login", from which I can login to run the platform.
All was well with the program until about 7/10 days or so (I started to notice the problem).
The problem is this:
I am using my computers - surfing the web or playing Spider Solitaire, listen/watching a DVD, or the computer stand-by/hibernates, etc. I want to run VTTrader and I usually run it with IE and Musicmatch running at the same time.
When I click on the icon, the window titled VT Updater loads, stalls for about than 20 secs (usually 3 secs), disappears and nothing else loads.
A look in Win Task Manager shows that the program's VTappstart.exe is running.
If I repeat this I get multiple instances of VTappstart.exe in Win TM.

To get past this point, I have to restart my computers, then it loads correctly.
OR
I hit restart, a few icons in my taskbar disappears (usually AVG), then a "End Program" window titled
"ShellIconHiddenWindow" pops up, I hit END NOW, the another window titled "Help" pops up and I hit END NOW again and the VTTrader Splash Box loads, disappears and the VTTrader Login window loads.
I can then login and run the platform.

I detailed the problem to cms-forex.com. They said I should delete VTTrader from my systems, use a file which they sent me to clean traces of VT from my registry, then d/load and re-install VTTrader.
I did and the problem still occurs.

Please help! I need to be able to just run VTTrader at anytime without the loading issue.

Thanks.

Advertisements