Whenever I'm connected to the internet with my ADSL connection
(d-link dsl-200 modem) after a few mins of being connected my IE becomes slow as well all processes on my laptop freezing up. I get a message in IE saying server cannot be found. Eventually a blue screen appears with the message
The technical information I get is:-
***STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x00000B49,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF068DC36)
*** gwausb.sys - Adress F068DC36 base a F068000,DateStamp 3f9e9ce6
I have researched this on many forums and found that the 0xD1 error is normally a driver problem. Also gwausb.sys is related to my modem and from what I have read a few people have had this problem with this modem.
Suggestions have been to update the driver, but I already have the most recent one.
Other symptons include the line dropping when connected to the internet and not always being able to connect. I put this down to my ISP being busy as I live on a very small Island, but after research other people have had this problem and relate it to the modem itself as it is not Windows certified. People say they have contacted the company and been assured that the modem works fine with XP
This problem I have had ever since I got ADSL but the bluescreen error has only started happening since I reformatted.
I am aware that it could be my windows installation as this problem is occuring on two laptops but I have read so many different articles their seems to be many possibilities arising. I have also read that antivirus software might be causing the the problem.
Also last night I hadn't even been using the internet when I had the same error but it shut down before I had chance to read which file it had the problem with. I will find out later and write it here.
Hope you can help, and sorry if you have had a question similar to this before, but with all topics I have found so far, there has never been a conclusion.
Thanx for your time