Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

harris_kirsty

harris_kirsty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Whenever I'm connected to the internet with my ADSL connection
(d-link dsl-200 modem) after a few mins of being connected my IE becomes slow as well all processes on my laptop freezing up. I get a message in IE saying server cannot be found. Eventually a blue screen appears with the message

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The technical information I get is:-

***STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x00000B49,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF068DC36)

*** gwausb.sys - Adress F068DC36 base a F068000,DateStamp 3f9e9ce6

I have researched this on many forums and found that the 0xD1 error is normally a driver problem. Also gwausb.sys is related to my modem and from what I have read a few people have had this problem with this modem.

Suggestions have been to update the driver, but I already have the most recent one.

Other symptons include the line dropping when connected to the internet and not always being able to connect. I put this down to my ISP being busy as I live on a very small Island, but after research other people have had this problem and relate it to the modem itself as it is not Windows certified. People say they have contacted the company and been assured that the modem works fine with XP

This problem I have had ever since I got ADSL but the bluescreen error has only started happening since I reformatted.

I am aware that it could be my windows installation as this problem is occuring on two laptops but I have read so many different articles their seems to be many possibilities arising. I have also read that antivirus software might be causing the the problem.

Also last night I hadn't even been using the internet when I had the same error but it shut down before I had chance to read which file it had the problem with. I will find out later and write it here.

Hope you can help, and sorry if you have had a question similar to this before, but with all topics I have found so far, there has never been a conclusion.

Thanx for your time :tazz:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It may be malware related, but try shutting down all your running processes except the ones you really need at boot up. Try doing what you normally do and see if you have same problem. Maybe by the time you post again, someone may have the answer to your problem.

You can read and following the Malware Removal instructions at "Start Here" and post in correct forum if it shows your problem is related to malware.

Ron

harris_kirsty

harris_kirsty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanx for your reply. I found another copy of Windows XP tonight and have installed it to test if my original installation had problems. It seems to be working fine now fingers crossed, so looks like my CD I was using was corrupt in some way :tazz:

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Everything I can find related to your problem points to it being a problem with your modem driver. The only thing I could suggest is removing and reinstalling the driver. I haven't found anything yet that would link it to malware. However, I'm intersted in seeing if you find a resolution, so please let us know if you get it fixed.

Good luck. :tazz:

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Oops, sorry. I was posting at the same time you were. Glad to see you got the problem fixed.