Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP, System wants to dialup in OFFLINE MODE?

• Please log in to reply

LIZMERRILL

LIZMERRILL

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
i am using wxp, dialup.
the problem is this: when i am not online, and want to access IE, offline and select offline,
the system starts dialing the access number.Even tho I cancel it , it repeats,
and wants to dialup again, in offline mode, until I exit IE. In fact if I pull up any program that is operative in an online mode, eg., market quote software, and i try to work in offline mode, the system will try to dialup or dialin. How do I correct this?

Thanks,

Liz

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Open IE.
Tools>Internet Options.
Click 'Connections' tab.
Select "Never dial a connection" and click 'OK'.

This setting should solve your problem, but when you want to go online
you will probably first have to manually click your ISP icon and click 'Connect' since it will no longer appear automatically when you open the web-browser.

LIZMERRILL

LIZMERRILL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
did not solve the problem, "never dial a connection" was already set.
if i go to any program that uses the net for info, like a data retrieval program for the stock market, or IE, if I click on it in an offline mode
my system will immediately try to dial out to the isp provider
So what Gives?