Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Burner is Driving me Nuts!

• Please log in to reply

unpluggedsb

unpluggedsb

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry, I'll shut up. (I mean that in a good way.)

Advertisements

unpluggedsb

unpluggedsb

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Any resolution moongirl?

meremoongirl

meremoongirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi there, I am so sorry for the delayed response. I missed the reply in my email notification. I am not currently at home, Im at work. But I will check it as soon as i get there. Do i just right click on comp, then go to properties, then device manager, and find it there? I need to say also, that it wont recognize a blank disk in either my cd OR dvd drive. I will get abck to you first thing in the morning, (just about midnight here)

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Let's try letting Windows automatically reinstall the drivers.

Open Device Manager: click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

Find your CD/DVD drive, right click, and select "Properties". Click the "Drivers" tab and select "Uninstall".

Restart your computer and let Windows automatically install the drivers.

meremoongirl

meremoongirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi there, I did that.. but its still a no-go. So confusing.:whistling:

Chemteacher

Chemteacher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to forums like this so I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this...if not, I'm sorry.

Been having the same problem with my DVD/CD burner. It worked fine until a few months ago and suddenly wouldn't burn or even recognize blank media (CD's especially). Have tried a myriad of types of CD's to no avail. Got so frustrated that I re-imaged the machine with the original software and configuration and it worked fine (could burn with sonic recordnow and with the XP drag and drop capabilities). I then proceeded to allow WindowsXP to upgrade all the way through SP2 upgrade. After that, I couldn't burn or recognize blank media anymore...leads me to believe it is an issue inherent to SP2. is there a way to fix this???

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Try this...

1. Open My Computer.

2. In the Devices with Removable Storage area, right-click the drive, and then click Properties. If your CD drive is recognized, you will see a Recording tab.

3. Under the "recording" tab, make sure the "Enable CD recording on this drive" is checked.