Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

archiving utility

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes I have a Polaroid funflash 820, and it is desighned to run with windows 95&98, But I found a place that a guy was saying with a archiving utility I can make the driveer work...................Here is the thread about the driver. I'm running windows XP, and I downloaded a freeware archiver called IZArc. do you know if this will work to do the job explained below, the one he mentioned was a trial issue. Thanks for any help...

Once you have the driver, you will need to use power archiver to extract the files to a location on your machine of your chosing. (I suggest the desktop. The files will extract to a folder called "Disk1")

Open the newly created folder named "Disk1", and look for a file called setup.ini this will look like a notepad with a gear on it.

Open this file by double clicking on it, and what you will do next will seem silly. Change the string that says:
AppName=Polaroid Fun Flash 820 Camera Driver
to
AppName=Polaroid Fun Flash 320 Camera Driver
in other words just change the 820 to a 320.

The driver, will not reject itself, and uninstall if this string reads as a 320, instead of an 820. (trust me)

Once you've made this change, close the file, choose yes to save. Then install from the setup icon located nearby the setup.ini file you just modified.

r work.

Advertisements