Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error While Sending Email

• Please log in to reply

wmckenne

wmckenne

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I received the following error message while attempting to send
email from Thunderbird.

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
<p54A9ED47.dip.t-dialin.net[84.169.237.71]>: Client host rejected: Policy Rejection- You have been blacklisted.. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

What is going on and what do I do to send my mail?

wmckenne

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
You, personally, may not have been blacklisted, but your server may have.

The Great OZ has found "you" wanting, and has shut down your access to the internet, via e-mail...you or your sever has been acknowledged as a source of spam or malware, or nastier stuff. The server may not have any control over the issue, as it is often the result of those using the service, but it does have an obligation to track down its users who are abusing their priviledges by being the source of spam, etc..

Do some research on black lists on the net, and you will find a few progs to track down the cause of the message. And contact your server to inform them of the issue.

If sending mail is urgent...check out mail2web.com, it is fantastic...

Edited by b1caez01, 04 November 2006 - 02:43 AM.