Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need A Word Processor Program+HOW TO!

• Please log in to reply

jacarney8657

jacarney8657

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi folks,

Once again I come to the place that helped me like no other when I had some problems with my pc.
Love this place!!

Anyway, here is my situation, about 5 months ago I stumbled into Geekstogo and you helped me get rid of some viruses and clean up my pc, the knowledge was awesome and the service was TOP-NOTCH. I also got all the freeware protection and things have been going great with no problems and anything that has become an issue has been easily corrected up to this point.

Back then though I was a deleting machine and was getting rid of any program I THOUGHT I would never use, well now I regret 1 choice and that was to get rid of WORDPERFECT which was already installed when I got my pc. I think it was a trial version and when that expired I think I was left with the basic wordperfect, but I am not sure about any of that.

What I really need at this point is a good word processor program(FREE IF POSSIBLE) that has a spellcheck and bold and font and all that good stuff. I now need a program like that or even one I can set up tables that calculate themselves, but that would just be icing on the cake. I really have very little knowledge about these kind of programs, it was about 12 years ago in high school that I took a class about wordperfect and I remember doing things that I need to do today.

I currently use notebook and wordpad to write any documents, but I can't do much with them and it seems they are very limited in what they can do. Any suggestions or just point me in the right direction to be able to find a GOOD program for writing documents that has all the little things I would need or want.

I ope you understand what I am saying, to put it simply i just want a program that I can write documents with that supports some sort of spellcheck and things like that.

Thank you,
JOSH

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if open office is suitable

http://www.openoffic...uct/writer.html

Jaysun

Jaysun

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good answer Keith. I recommend OpenOffice as well. The best thing it's free. Works better that Office.

jacarney8657

jacarney8657

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks guys, I dl'd it and it seems to be everything and more for what I need.

Great work again!!!

Keep up the good work.