Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get windows 98 to boot up...get following errors...

• Please log in to reply

CrazyHoops

CrazyHoops

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am tryin to get a machine to work for my mom and dad,its a E Machines and it has windows 98 on it,when you try to boot it up in gets past emachines screen the goes to a black screen with these errors.

103: Password switch is disabled,change password JMP
105:CMOS settings wrong
106:CMOS Checksum bad
107: Cmos Display type wrong

press F1 to resume(tried but goes to another error screen saying
202: drive not ready
203: Insert BOOT diskette in A:

press F2 to load default values and setting(tried but wont do anything)

press any key to continue..but nothing.

tried to pull and even replace the battery,didnt help,any help is much appreciated.

ohh how do I get under bios in emachines?

Paco

Edited by CrazyHoops, 04 November 2006 - 01:53 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
From your description is sounds like the CMOS battery is dead and not holding the settings. It's usually about the size of a nickel and made of shiny stainless steel, cost's about three bucks, you need to take the old one out to get the right type, or get the number off it. After you've replaced it, observe the polarity, you can go to the next step.