Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ssqrp.dll malware (result from ishost.exe virus?)

• Please log in to reply

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
The system brand is called "Compaq" i believe it's an HP product.

No i have not pulled the sides off to look inside the machine.

Advertisements

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Because I dont know how you BIOS are setup and have no idea what Xoft or AVG did,it may be best to contact Compaq themselves and get detailes instructions on how to restore your BIOS to the default settings.

At this point,Im unsure of what has happened but if the machine will not boot up,there isnt much I can do with it.

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Ok, I will, tyvm for your help to try to resolve my problem. You were a big help. :whistling:

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Please keep me updated.

I can tell you one way to try and reset the bios to default but I cant gurantee it wikll work.

It involves removing the side of the machine to access the Mother Board.

There you looking for a battery similar in size to one you would see in an older style caculator.

Around the size of a quarter,maybe smaller.

What you would want to do is Disconnect the cord to the power supply at the back of the PC

Take the side off and look inside for the battery.

Make sure you can carefully pull the battery out.

If so,pull the battery and leave it out for about 20 or 30 minutes.

Place the battery back in its slot and reconnect the power cord.

I can not gurantee you anything when it comes to tinkering around the inside of a computer.

Sorry,wish there was better news I could give you. :whistling:

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Ok, the coustmer service technition that i talked with told me to boot in safe mode (which i coudn't do due to said error), then said to take out the CMOS Battery (like you advised). So i did and reinstalled it and no luck. so her third suggestion was to take out the jumpers of the motherboard that controls the Real Time Clock RAM in CMOS. Thats where i'm at right now, just to keep you updated. The thing is, the jumpers are smaller than i thought and removing them, switiching their position and reinstalling them may be a bit more trouble than i had thought.

this is what the jumpers look like. i have to remove them and reinstall the so they look like this, then remove them and put them back like they were, which is hard because they are only about,
[ ] <-- that big in real life...

currently the battery is out of the computer and i'm going to try to remove the jumpers; and hopefully that works...

:whistling:

also, here is a short video of the error.

It's low quality, but after i start filming i press the power button and try to focus on the words being displayed. That's literaly all that happens now when i turn on my comp :blink: .

Edited by Zardok, 08 November 2006 - 03:30 PM.

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Did the fellow mention anything about a possible failing Hard Drive?

Ill be interested to hear what happens.

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I dont recall anything being said about my harddrive failing. Her only advice was to reset my BIOS settings by either booting in safe mode, reinstalling the battery and/or reinstalling the jumpers.

lol, im still trying to carefully remove the jumpers...

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
LOL,I have fat fingers so I dont even want to think about jumpers!

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Update:

Ok, i gave up trying to take out the jumpers (lol, i too have fat fingers :help: ) and acually contimplated bashing the jumpers with a hammer to get them out...
So i came back to chat with another representative for help either removing the battery or solving my problem. She asked why i was trying to mess with the jumpers and told me to simply remove the battery for a bit and reinstall it, it does the same thing... :blink:
so for the third or forth time i took the battery out for a half hour, put it back and still nothing.
I come back to chat with a new representative who says to buy a new battery. Horay for new advice! I'll try to pick up a new CMOS Battery tomorrow if i can find one at any one of the few computer stores near where i live... ::sigh:: If this doesnt work, i give up... :whistling: :)

Edited by Zardok, 08 November 2006 - 08:50 PM.

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Curious,when you take the battery out,is the power cord unplugged so the machine doesnt have any access to power?

One other possible solution,Do you have a Windows CD available?

Before you replace the battery and you have the sides off,I want you to start the machine up.

See if you notice that strange sound again and can isolate what is actually generating the noise?

Place your hand on the Hard Drive first and see if you notice any vibrations.

Check the CPU fan and see if its working,it may take 30 minutes or more to come on.

Edited by Cretemonster, 09 November 2006 - 03:20 AM.

Advertisements

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Ok, i took my compoter to the local Bestbuy (cross town) to get a free battery or to fix what other problems may be wrong with it. The technition there replaced the battery with a new one; nothing. so he took out the jumpers real quic (I think, i couldn't see); nothing. He then went on to explain to me that my motherboard was faulty and they would have tosend away for a new motherboard to replace it, which takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks... horray, just in time for the holidays...

So apparently i got rid of the virus, but at the expence of my motherboard. Now what i have to ask (and i dont really want or expect and answer) is whould my motherboard still have 'crashed' if i hadn't have gotten a virus...

Oh well... i get a free motherboard because it's still under the manufactures warrenty, but, unless they can somehow extract my documents from the broken motherboard, i have to redo everything that i lost... :blink: :help:
I'm also stuck with using my parents 3-4 year old computer whenever i need to go on the internet, again (the one im on now)

And the big conundrom there is in like 4 years the CMOS battery has never died, it has had no motherboard trouble, has not contracted a serios virus... ever... yet my brand new 6 month old computer comtracts a deadly virus and the CMOS battery/the mother board has trouble and has to be replaced... ::sigh::

Been nice talking to you Cretemonster, you've really helped me with this. too bad it couldn't be resolved without replacing it.

:whistling:

To answer the questiond above,
I have replaced the battery both unplugged and plugged in.
I do not have a Windows CD (wasn't given one when purchased which i find odd now...)
Sorry, I never thought of starting it without the battery
I'm fairly sure the sound was both fans running (normaly only one runs at a time as it is sufficient cooling)
I can't do any of the other two because i had to leave my computer at Bestbuy...

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
I doubt the virus and the motherboard are related.

This is a more common occurance than most people know.

We have a total of 9 machines in a network,all less than 3 months old,all have the same crap MotherBoard and all crashed.

These were from Gateway but I see that the Mother Board in question is being recalled on alot of customers not only at Best Buys but all over the place.

Be glad you purchased the PC at Best Buys,I do admire how well they back up the products they sell.

Come find me when you get the PC back so we can see what was done,if they replace the MoBo and leave the HDD in tact then its possible there may still be issues we need to deal with.

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Ok, i got my computer back from Bestbuy, but i still have viruses.

ishost.exe is back (suprise suprise), AVG picked up a Trojan horse dialer.COH in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\win62.tmp.exe, there is still an error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\drvvac.dll, and norton's firewall picked up a couple unusual programs trying to access the internet (including ishost.exe) and alerted me... Im gonna run a couple more virus scans and post some more results later. gonna start with XoftSpy.

Heres a a more reacent HJT log:
=====================================================================

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:41:12 PM, on 17/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamSvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ARPWRMSG.EXE
C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\vVX3000.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscStreamHub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcuimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.ca
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.ca
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2292AF31-2B63-1C48-46D5-0A3D3449EC1C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9A184824-6794-4C64-A711-D64F0881B8C7} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrp.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: HpWebHelper - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DISCover] C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiscUpdateManager] C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX3000] C:\WINDOWS\vVX3000.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB2Check] RUNDLL32.EXE "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PCLECoInst.dll",CheckUSBController
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lfswjrd.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll,qscaxig
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrnt32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrnt32.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee Log Manager (McLogManagerService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (mctskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee User Manager (mcusrmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

A Combofix log

Compaq_Administrator - 06-11-17 20:38:40.23 Service Pack 2
ComboFix 06.10.19 - Running from: "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Downloads"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ismini.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\components

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2006-10-17 to 2006-11-17 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-11-17 19:41 70,656 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll
2006-11-04 14:14 1,245,696 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml4.dll
2006-11-01 21:00 0 --a------ C:\backup.reg
2006-11-01 20:26 126,976 --a------ C:\zip.exe
2006-11-01 07:45 15,872 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\winrnt32.dll
2006-11-01 07:15 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgclean.sys
2006-11-01 07:15 18,240 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys
2006-10-20 23:44 40,960 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\frapsvid.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2006-11-17 20:13 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar
2006-11-17 20:12 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
2006-11-17 19:53 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\XoftSpy
2006-11-17 19:51 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
2006-11-17 19:44 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2006-11-06 21:20 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2006-11-02 15:11 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2006-11-02 08:01 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor
2006-11-02 08:01 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com
2006-11-02 08:01 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee
2006-11-02 08:01 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2006-11-01 15:10 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0
2006-11-01 07:15 816288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7core.sys
2006-11-01 07:15 4960 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avgtdi.sys
2006-11-01 07:15 4224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsw.sys
2006-11-01 07:15 28416 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\avg7rsxp.sys
2006-10-25 20:40 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
2006-10-23 19:29 -------- d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft
2006-10-22 14:58 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\SwiftSwitch
2006-10-19 15:13 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Google
2006-10-16 23:13 570 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\turing_files.ini
2006-10-16 20:27 403 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\ready_files.ini
2006-10-14 02:02 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\MSXML 4.0
2006-10-13 07:35 65536 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwwks.dll
2006-10-13 07:35 64000 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwapi32.dll
2006-10-13 07:35 142336 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwprovau.dll
2006-10-13 05:23 163584 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nwrdr.sys
2006-10-11 18:02 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\NetBattle
2006-10-11 05:15 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\uTorrent
2006-10-11 05:02 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Ready to Program
2006-10-11 03:18 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\uTorrent
2006-10-11 03:05 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry
2006-10-11 02:36 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\UseNeXT
2006-10-11 02:05 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\BitComet
2006-10-04 20:10 -------- d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2006-10-04 20:10 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\EA Games
2006-10-03 21:32 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player
2006-10-01 02:07 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft
2006-10-01 01:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Blaze Media Pro
2006-09-30 21:14 -------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\Seven Zip
2006-09-22 16:27 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\proDAD
2006-09-22 16:19 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\AdorageI-GfxDatas
2006-09-22 16:18 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\AdorageI-SAL
2006-09-22 15:42 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\SmartSound Software
2006-09-22 15:38 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Pinnacle
2006-09-21 16:08 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam
2006-09-19 20:26 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
2006-09-19 19:00 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\LimeWire
2006-09-19 17:08 -------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2006-09-15 21:04 48816 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2006-09-13 00:01 1084416 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3.dll
2006-09-12 13:16 262144 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\Manipulate.dll
2006-09-11 09:40 233472 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\erdmpg-5.0.dll
2006-09-11 09:38 155648 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\DirectEncode.dll
2006-08-25 10:45 617472 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll
2006-08-21 07:21 16896 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\fltlib.dll
2006-08-21 04:14 23040 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\fltmc.exe
2006-08-17 07:28 721920 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsasrv.dll
2006-08-17 07:28 132096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkssvc.dll
2006-08-10 13:36 125221 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Application Data\Cosmos Prefs

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"MsnMsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\MsnMsgr.Exe\" /background"
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
"swg"="C:\\Program Files\\Google\\GoogleToolbarNotifier\\1.0.720.3640\\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ehTray"="C:\\WINDOWS\\ehome\\ehtray.exe"
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE"
"AlwaysReady Power Message APP"="ARPWRMSG.EXE"
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe /install"
"DISCover"="C:\\Program Files\\DISC\\DISCover.exe"
"DiscUpdateManager"="C:\\Program Files\\DISC\\DiscUpdMgr.exe"
"Recguard"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SMINST\\RECGUARD.EXE"
@=""
"PCDrProfiler"=""
"ccApp"="\"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"HPBootOp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Boot Optimizer\\HPBootOp.exe\" /run"
"HP Software Update"=hex(2):43,3a,5c,50,72,6f,67,72,61,6d,20,46,69,6c,65,73,5c,\
48,50,5c,48,50,20,53,6f,66,74,77,61,72,65,20,55,70,64,61,74,65,5c,48,50,77,\
75,53,63,68,64,32,2e,65,78,65,00
"AVG7_CC"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgcc.exe /STARTUP"
"snpstd"="C:\\WINDOWS\\vsnpstd.exe"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\bin\\jusched.exe"
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"KBD"="C:\\HP\\KBD\\KBD.EXE"
"LifeCam"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft LifeCam\\LifeExp.exe\""
"VX3000"="C:\\WINDOWS\\vVX3000.exe"
"PinnacleDriverCheck"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg"
"USB2Check"="RUNDLL32.EXE \"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PCLECoInst.dll\",CheckUSBController"
"USBToolTip"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Pinnacle\\Shared Files\\Programs\\USBTip\\USBTip.exe\""
"lfswjrd.dll"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rundll32.exe C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\lfswjrd.dll,qscaxig"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\desktop\components]
"DeskHtmlVersion"=dword:00000110
"DeskHtmlMinorVersion"=dword:00000005
"Settings"=dword:00000001
"GeneralFlags"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\desktop\components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"
"Flags"=dword:00000002
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,20,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,04,00,00,66,03,00,00,00,\
"CurrentState"=hex:04,00,00,40
"OriginalStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
ff,ff,04,00,00,00
"RestoredStateInfo"=hex:18,00,00,00,6a,02,00,00,23,00,00,00,a4,00,00,00,9a,00,\

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"AVG7_Run"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgw.exe /RUNONCE"

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"AVG7_Run"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Grisoft\\AVGFRE~1\\avgw.exe /RUNONCE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\sharedtaskscheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{AEB6717E-7E19-11d0-97EE-00C04FD91972}"=""
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="ewido anti-spyware 4.0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\Run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"InstallVisualStyle"=hex(2):43,3a,5c,57,49,4e,44,4f,57,53,5c,52,65,73,6f,75,72,\
63,65,73,5c,54,68,65,6d,65,73,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,2e,\
6d,73,73,74,79,6c,65,73,00
"InstallTheme"=hex(2):43,3a,5c,57,49,4e,44,4f,57,53,5c,52,65,73,6f,75,72,63,65,\
73,5c,54,68,65,6d,65,73,5c,52,6f,79,61,6c,65,2e,74,68,65,6d,65,00

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\shellserviceobjectdelayload]
"PostBootReminder"="{7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9}"
"CDBurn"="{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}"
"WebCheck"="{E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}"
"SysTray"="{35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153}"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\winrnt32

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Check Updates for Windows Live Toolbar.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\McDefragTask.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\McQcTask.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Run Full System Scan - Compaq_Administrator.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Warranty Reminder 11 month.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\XoftSpy.job

Completion time: 06-11-17 20:40:25.23
C:\ComboFix.txt ... 06-11-17 20:40
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 06-11-06 21:28

and todays VundoFix log

VundoFix V6.2.6

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.5.0.5

Java version is 1.5.0.6

Scan started at 8:28:34 PM 17/11/2006

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll Has been deleted!

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

Edited by Zardok, 17 November 2006 - 07:45 PM.

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Glad to see you made it back OK.

Lets see if we can get this machine cleaned up for ya.

First and foremost,3 antivirus programs is about 2 too many.

Which is paid for and up to date?

I know AVG is free and you can keep that but we have to disable its autorun features.

Open HijackThis-> Click "Do a System Scan Only" and put a check by these but DO NOT hit the Fix Checked button yet

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2292AF31-2B63-1C48-46D5-0A3D3449EC1C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9A184824-6794-4C64-A711-D64F0881B8C7} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssqrp.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lfswjrd.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll,qscaxig

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrnt32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrnt32.dll

Now Make sure ALL WINDOWS and BROWSERS are CLOSED and hit the Fix Checked Button

• Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it again.
  • Right Click inside the listbox (white box) and click add more files
  • Copy&Paste the entries below into the open boxes
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\winrnt32.dll
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll
  • Click Add Files and Click Close Window
  • Click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.

In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot,allow the computer to reboot and VundoFix to load.

Just add the very same files as before and Click Remove Vundo.

After posting those 2 logs,Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlog...processutil.htm

Zardok

Zardok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Ya, im glad i got my comp back :help:
AVG Free is up to date
XoftSpy is paid for and up to date
Norton is like 60 days past its expiration so i removed it and replaced it with Mcafee cuz im not paying $100+ to renew my subscription.
Mcafee is uptodate except for it's firewall and im too poor to buy it (dam cheapscates makin people pay to keep what they paid for safe... :whistling: )
I just got a free firewall called "WebWall" that seems up to date.
Windows Firewall is about as updated as it'll get
ewido is free and uptodate, i think, my need an update after being at bestbuy for a week and a half.
my router as a firewall but i dunno how good, what its called or how uptodate it is...

Heres the latest HJT log i ran right after i revoved said Vundo
=======================================================================

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:57:03 PM, on 17/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vVX3000.exe
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
C:\Program Files\WebWall\WebWall.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscStreamHub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcuimgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.ca
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.ca
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.h...a...&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: HpWebHelper - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DISCover] C:\Program Files\DISC\DISCover.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiscUpdateManager] C:\Program Files\DISC\DiscUpdMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX3000] C:\WINDOWS\vVX3000.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB2Check] RUNDLL32.EXE "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PCLECoInst.dll",CheckUSBController
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebWall] C:\Program Files\WebWall\WebWall.exe -startnow
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee Log Manager (McLogManagerService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (mctskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee User Manager (mcusrmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

and the Vundo log removing the 2 items

VundoFix V6.2.6

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.5.0.5

Java version is 1.5.0.6

Scan started at 8:28:34 PM 17/11/2006

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfswjrd.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

Beginning removal...

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iuuolwf.dll Has been deleted!

Done!

I knew i forgot something... i never downloaded SmitfraudFix yet... :blink:

gonna get right on downloading and running after i post this.