Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM Conversations

• Please log in to reply

prettyvacant

prettyvacant

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have a question involving AIM. If this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Anyways, I was wondering if AIM conversations get saved onto your computer or cache? I'm trying to find an old friend of mine that I used to talk to and browse through some of our old IMs for his email address. I figured if my old IMs got saved onto my cache I could read through them. I know there are ways to save your IMs via AIM, but does it do it automatically? I did not manually save any of the IMs, though I regret it now. This is probably the only way I could think of contacting him since he no longer signs on to AIM. Anybody know?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I think there's a way to tell AIM to save the conversations, but I don''t know if it will log them by itself, you usually need t activate it yourself. Which AIM version are you using?

idontknow95129

idontknow95129

• Pip
  • 3 posts
naw thats only with msn messager i think :whistling:

Edit: am pretty sure they dont get saved in your cache though lol they might be saved into ur comp some where but am 99% sure they dont save

Edited by idontknow95129, 05 November 2006 - 01:12 PM.

prettyvacant

prettyvacant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

naw thats only with msn messager i think :whistling:

Edit: am pretty sure they dont get saved in your cache though lol they might be saved into ur comp some where but am 99% sure they dont save

Yeah, that's what I've heard. :blink: Thanks for the help anyways, guys!