Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply

Bavski

Bavski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

First time posting on here so please forgive any mistakes.

Im using a wireless connection at home, linksys router and linksys wireless usb adapter. Everything working fine till few months ago, now I'm regularly losing my connection, web pages just simply wont open. This can be every 5 or 10 minutes or it can be several hours. Tried moving adapter as far from pc as possible as told there might be interference, still no joy.

Strange thing is, if I'm downloading, from a newsgroup for example, this isnt affected and the download continues. The linksys monitor software says it can associate to the AP but the internet can not be found.

The only way I've found to rectify this is to reboot, then everything works for a while at least.

Ive swapped both router and adapter still same problem and a firiend using a mac with inbuilt card doesnt have the problem.

Any advice or ideas where to start appreciated.

Advertisements