Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPN Client no connection.

• Please log in to reply

Robertt253

Robertt253

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello, I am trying to connect to the VPN at my work through my router, Have no problem connecting when laaptop it connected directly to DSL modem.

I am running XP service pack 2

Router,Belkin FD7230-4

Sonicwall VPN Client software

Tinyterm Emulation.

I can connect to the internet but cannot connect to VPN, any help appreciated.

Robert

Advertisements

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Can you ping the IP address of the Sonic Wall? Actually, Ping is probably turned off so scratch that. Can you verify that the sonicwall on the other end is up and running?

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Just re-read your post so scratch the whole first reply. Sorry, my eyes are crossing...it's been a loong day....
From what I've read, there are some problems with the Belkin and VPN passthrough. If that router has a firewall, turn it off for a moment to test the VPN. Also, I've seen some problems re: MTU settings. Both devices (SonicWall and your router) should be set to the same MTU (usually 1500). Lastly, update the firmware on your router. Make a backup copy of your current config first then follow the instructions on Belkin's website.
Good luck,
J

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
http://www.belkin.co...load=993&lang=1

Robertt253

Robertt253

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I,m not sure what went right but, after rerading your post I disabled the firewall on the router still noluck. I then read how SP2 was causing issues with port enableing so I disabled Windows Firewall. It worked, and now it even works with the firewall enabled. I guess it took some combination of the two.

Thanks for your help

Bob