Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ps/2 port stopped working

• Please log in to reply

alice87

alice87

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, here's the problem, I've got a logitech wireless keyboard + mouse, running windows xp, A couple of weeks ago, my mouse started behaving erratically, and then cut out all together, but the keyboard was fine, I assumed the mouse had died, so went out, bought a cheapo normal ps2 mouse, but that wouldn't respond at all either, I tried using just the usb on my logitech keyboard/mouse (it has a usb function and normal keyboard/mouse ports) and it still wouldn't work, but my housemates logitech keyboard + mouse do work when on USB. This confused me a lot.

I'm wondering what's the likelyhood that both my mouse and my ps2 port died at the same time, or what's going on basically. I have the latest setpoint drivers from logitech I think, at least it says a newer version is installed any time I try to install more.

Bascially, any ideas on how I can fix this/what the likely problem is? It's amazingly annoying having to play hot potato with a keyboard and mouse with my housemate :whistling:

Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ps/2 ports unfortunately seem to be going out left and right (had one at work die this morning in fact)...if usb mice/keyboards work...then i'd go that route...they tend to be a little more robust than the Ps/2 stuff anyway