Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Flash drive wont work :S

• Please log in to reply

wannabe_geek

wannabe_geek

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
My mother bought a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2.0gb USB flash drive. :help:
When I plugged it into my computer windows detected it and all that but when I tried to open it through My Computer it said it needed to be formatted. Also when I plug it in again, a program called U3 Launchpad comes up and begins to load but then an error message comes up and says:

"An error has occurred initializing U3 Launchpad: Drive G is unavailable or unformatted. U3 Launchpad will close now. Please format the drive, disconnect the U3 drive and try again." :blink:

Please help me try and figure it out...then I can have the drive in exchange for my 128 mb :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Did you try formatting it like Windows suggested?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres the guide for U3 flash drives.

http://www.everythingusb.com/u3.html

SRX660

wannabe_geek

wannabe_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, I tried formatting it and the format doesnt want to complete. I had a look at that U3 site and it says there that the program comes up when you plug it in. mine doesnt. when i plug it in, it displays that message that i wrote in the first post.