Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ipod/Itunes major worries

• Please log in to reply

Danpetty

Danpetty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I'm really not happy. After recent changes to my XP (my friend had to reinstall it for me), my Ipod was no longer recognised in Itunes. It registered fine in my computer but obviously would not update any changes. I followed all the instructions on Apple's site (which has instructions for exactly this type of problem) but this did not help. I then looked at various forums, one which recommended a format of the Ipod using a HP tool. I did this which formatted it fine, unfortunately it formatted the software off it too. So now there is no music on it and no software for it to run. I am also no longer able to install Itunes now as it states it has encountered a serious error and must close immediately after installation. I am furious because Apple are not interested over the phone as it's no longer in warranty even though their on-screen instructions do not work. I am at my wits' end - please someone help me.
Dan

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try to reinstall ur windows again . I think it is not correctly installed

Danpetty

Danpetty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!
Luckily I sorted it last night.
When my friend re-installed Windows he altered the drive names. i.e. my hard drive is now D: etc. I re-named the Ipod drive and it worked! All that week's worth of hassle for something so simple!