Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Error

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
In Firefox sometimes Advertisements or flash objects fail to load leaving me with:

Ex. (hotmail):

"Error: Host Not Accessible

The web host rad.msn.com is not accessible."

Ex. Myspace:

Error: Host Not Accessible

The web host as.casalemedia.com is not accessible.

Possible sources of this error:

* The host name is invalid
* There was a DNS error
* The web site may be unavailable

Is there a way I can either get rid of these annoying objects of error, or make them work.

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 05 November 2006 - 05:28 PM.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
have u tried viewin the same webpages with IE or Opera??

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I dont use firefox myself but....

Do you have any anti advertising extensions installed at all, or do you have a host file installed which could prevent the adverts, one other thing comes to mind.. why do you want the adverts ?

As for CasaleMedia - CasaleMedia.com is found both in MVPS Hosts file and in Spywareblaster's Restricted Sites list. :whistling:

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Thats what I thought at first, but I checked my Firefox extensions and nothing there was flash or anti adverts.

I did try these sites in IE, I think it worked, but IE is annoying I don't like using it.

lol I rather have a complete web page with adverts than it say "ERROR" everywhere I look.

Ex: On myspace I want to know if its me that doesnt see any advertisements or can everyone see my webpage as I see it.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try using Flock or K-MELON . Both of them are based upon FF . U can also use Opera

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I did try these sites in IE, I think it worked, but IE is annoying I don't like using it.

Another browser you could try is Opera Browser

As for your problems with FF, I would wait and see if anyone who has more experience with using FF than me replies I cannot really advise you much further here myself. One thing you could try is taking out all your FF extentions and see if the error is still there. If I remember right there is a safe mode version of FF too when FF is installed, have you tried that ?

Sorry I cant help further :whistling:

EDIT:

Ex: On myspace I want to know if its me that doesnt see any advertisements or can everyone see my webpage as I see it.

Other people should be able to view your myspace without problems - depending on the level of security blocking they have in place on their computer.

If other users who view your page/s have the MVSP host file or other progrmas to block ads, then the ads will be blocked at their end too but there is nothing you can do about this!!

Edited by Saracen, 06 November 2006 - 07:12 AM.