Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX Error FIX!

• Please log in to reply

Airen

Airen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i seen that there was a topic here i searched for on google and linked me here to figure out how to fix this error from DirectX...it seemed nothing worked for me and it was irriateing...after almost saying screw it and buying a new CoD2 to install it (since my CD is in another state :blink: ) i tried one last thing...

This DirectX is an error, yes? well there is a fix!!! (this worked for me, and it should work for everyone else...you will not need to delete anything...maybe configs though since i did this, but not sure)

First, you will need to open "My Computer", then right click on your C:/ drive...click properties

Second you want to click on your "Tools" tab, then look for the box that is called "Error-checking", of course click that button inside that box

Third you will want to click both boxes "Automatically the file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors", click start

once that is done, nothing will happen until you restart your computer

PLEASE READ THIS - when you restart and it starts this error checking...it is CRITICAL that you do not hit any buttons, turn off computer, and anything of that nature...this could mess up things on your computer...this is what i was told anyways, but please don't do anything...it's not like you're going to be doing anything anyways :help: ...it's best to do this as you go to sleep or something...i'm not really sure how long it takes (since i just do it before bed :) )

hope this helps as it did for me! :whistling:

Advertisements

Sicktripper

Sicktripper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
dude sorry i can't find the TAB "Tools" Or the box..

Airen

Airen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it should be there...in your C: Properties...i use XP, dunno if it is different for others...just find an icon of your c: drive and right click to go to properties

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Normally, when I see a directx error, I just download and reinstall directx...

Airen

Airen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ya, it seems that there are many fixes for this issue and sometimes it seems not fixable...there may be many ways of fixing it...i know tho, that this one i posted worked great for me, and was hopeing it could help everyone...not to sure yet, need some feedback i guess if it works or not