Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Find Someone's E-Mail Address

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I am trying to find a friend's e-mail address. I have her name, but can't find her e-mail address online anywhere. I have searched databases and such, but nothing turns up.

As a test, I searched for another friends e-mail address. I know that one, I just wanted to see how valid those search programs are. This guy has had his same AOL account for as long as I can remember. Was I able to find it? NO. I can't believe it. I am searching for e-mail addresses and it keeps pulling up snail mail address, phone numbers, and of course most of them want me to buy a criminal record and/or background check. Gee Whiz.

My question is this....is there any real way to find someone's e-mail address. The one I'm looking for is also an AOL account.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You treading on dangerous ground here, magusbuckley.
However innocent your intentions may be, email address databases/searches
are used by our arch-enemies --- the spammers of this world. Scourge of the internet. As such, we won't offer help on this topic.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

The one I'm looking for is also an AOL account.
Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

View Post

Have you tried using your own AOL account online? There are some sites that purport to be able to find e-mail address, but as was stated, spammers, etc. would be able to use them, too, so these sites are limited in what they do. An IM like ICQ does it within its own realm, but is only effective if the e-mail is of a member and whether the info is in their database at that.

Ron