Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recording Streaming Audio - Nero WaveEditor

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
[size=5]

Nov 5 2006 8.30pm est

Hello Technicians,

I used to be able to record streaming audio through WMPlayer9,10,11 in my old PC (with the SOUNDMAN audio card) and make an instant MP3 file onto Nero WaveEditor Ultra 6. I had it down, man.....and did it all the time.

I recently moved to a new PC with a Realtek High Definition audio card (same AC'97 driver, I think) and upgraded to Nero Ultra 7.

The Audio > Record drop-down on the old Nero 6 app had "Stereo Mix" as an input option, and that was the one that worked.
The Audio > Record drop-down on the new Nero 7 WaveEditor has four choices: CD Player, Microphone, Front Mic, and Line In. (No 'stereo mix').

None work. I've been tinkering around with this now for hours and tried config's with WMPlayer11, Nero WaveEditor 7, and the Realtek HD Audio Manager . Nothing seems to work like it used to. I'd hate to have to add another darn app to record streaming audio, like Audacity, etc because they all record in .WAV format and takes time to convert.

Can anyone knowledgeable about Nero WaveEditor help me figure out what's wrong, or what I need to add or subtract ?

It used to work and I did it all the time before.......

:whistling: scottportraits :blink:

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Use this software
http://www.softpedia...-Recorder.shtml

It can record audio in various formats

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Nov 9, 2006

Ouch !! Downloaded that recorder and got a bunch of ad-ware, etc.......it is too sticky......gotta find a better way....

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Use this Mp3 my Mp3
http://www.mp3mymp3.com/

It has no adware

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Nov 19 2006 8pm est

Keep running into a brick wall when I try to record streaming audio....is my sound card limited or configured so as to prohibit it ?

See new post about it here:

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=139136

No, Mp3MyMp3 didn't work either.

- thanks....scottportraits