Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a good, wireless mouse

• Please log in to reply

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Hi everyone :blink:

I currently have the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 and I hate it. It's small and doesn't fit in my hand, it's not very responsive, the click wheel is weird, the list goes on and on.

Thus, I'm in the market for a new wireless mouse for my desktop. I would greatly appreciate anyone's recommendations.

A couple of things...
- I'm not going to be using it for any hardcore gaming (though I do play a game of CounterStrike every now and then).
- The mouse should work well in windows XP and linux
- Not too expensive

Thanks,
Matt :whistling:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I use the logitech MX 700...love it....its heavy compared to others but not to much...very responsive...rechargeable... Its 2.5 years old and still no prpblems...came in package deal with cordless keyboard ...cost about $ 90.00 when I bought it...sure you can get it for less now

montyraj

montyraj

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi everyone :blink:

I currently have the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 and I hate it. It's small and doesn't fit in my hand, it's not very responsive, the click wheel is weird, the list goes on and on.

Thus, I'm in the market for a new wireless mouse for my desktop. I would greatly appreciate anyone's recommendations.

A couple of things...
- I'm not going to be using it for any hardcore gaming (though I do play a game of CounterStrike every now and then).
- The mouse should work well in windows XP and linux
- Not too expensive

Thanks,
Matt :whistling:

well i suggest logitech very reliable and may runout of battery after months of contious use and i have the keyboard 13 year old talking £100

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.logitech....,CONTENTID=9340 i use this guy...and i love it...it's got just enough buttons to keep me happy...i've had to replace the batteries once in the year i've had it...plus...due to a slipup at office depot....i got it for 12 bucks instead of 45...which aint too shabby...

you can configure most of the buttons to do as you wish (i close programs and refresh pages)...plus it has a side scroll deal so you can scroll right to left and up and down...it's got the media buttons as well which are nice if you listen to music alot (volume controlls, next/previous buttons etc..)...plus it's big enough to feel like an actual mouse

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Anything logitech, honestly. They're reasonably priced, high quality, and they have great support.