Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

battlefield 2142 server settings

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Ok, I am in the process of setting up my own bf2142 server. I was curious as to what other servers were configured with?

# of players to start match
match points
conquest, titan, or both?
orbital weapon yes or no?

As I am just starting this I'm sure I've left somethings out. Feel free to share your own thoughts or experiences here.

Thanks,
Starjax

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Ok, I am in the process of setting up my own bf2142 server. I was curious as to what other servers were configured with?

# of players to start match
match points
conquest, titan, or both?
orbital weapon yes or no?

As I am just starting this I'm sure I've left somethings out. Feel free to share your own thoughts or experiences here.

Thanks,
Starjax

I have only played the demo like once or twice and that was awhile back.

For number of players to start match I would personally put it to 0. I dont like it when you are the first person to join the server and you cannot play or it wont take score, I think that stinks.

You should be able to have the option to put a timelimit and scorelimit both.. The way bf series multiplayer is designed a timelimit would be more efficient than just a scorelimit by itself...

Are you going to open a server at your home or are you renting a server??

BF2 and BF 2142 takes alot of bandwidth for a server at home. You need atleast a solid 1mbit or close to 1024Kbps upload to host 10 clients on a home connection if its cable or dsl.. I have around 930-940Kbps upload and I hosted 10 clients pretty decent on bf2. It was always me on the server so I was only actually hosting 9 internet clients...

Make shure you dont have anyone else on your internet line or you will have to lower the clients even more. If someone else is sharing the connection with you, you might as well forget about hosting a bf2 server from home. I tried 12 clients before and it did fine for awhile but 10 was better with no problems rarely.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
hosted server

75.126.64.211:16567

It is a Ranked server

32 person

Its a dual xeon setup with 4 gigs of ram.

Finally fixed the punkbuster issue sunday. also setup to stream with punksbusted.