Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

slipstream xpsp2

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts

i have been fooling with trying to get sfc /scannow to run for months. i made myself a xpsp slipstream cd (using autostream)
like all the techs said to do , well it still asks for the xp cd which is already in( my cdrom drive is working fine).

i got the windows sourcepath set at E:\ and windowsNT sourcepath set at E:\ is this right or should they be e:\ or maybe e:\1386?
i have the ServicePackSourcePath at c:\windows\ServicePackFiles and the ServicePackCache at
c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\servicePackCache , but there is no ServicePackCache folder when i open ServicePackFiles theres a 1386 folder.
my dllcache folder is at c:\windows\system32 is this the right place?

well help me if you can