Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 error message?

• Please log in to reply

b_rad_wright

b_rad_wright

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had a trial version of office 2003, uninstalled it, and reinstalled office 2000. When I try to open Outlook 2000, I get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again."

When I say "yes" to the above question it says "Would you like to open your default File System folders instead."

If I say "yes" it takes me to "my computer' opened in outlook. If I say "no", then the whole program shuts down.

I uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled it and that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall Office

Get the trial of TuneUp and run disc clean up then registry clean up then go to optimize then run registry defrag.

TuneUp

Click start then search then look for Office, Microsoft Office and send these to the bin.

Click start then My Computer then double click C then double click programme files then delete the Microsoft Office folder.

Reboot, defrag the drive, install Office and go to Office Update to install anything you need from there

Cap

Cap

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Outlook may be looking for your original .pst file.

When prompted for Opening a file, navigate to your folder where the .pst file is located and open it. Everything should be there.

If you don't know what folder that .pst is located in, do a search first on *.pst, locate the folder and then try.

Hope this works for you. Losing all that info is a total pain.