Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fan Speed

• Please log in to reply

JFonseka

JFonseka

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
my computer fan speed is very slow and as a result my computer heats up too much and then shuts itself down every half hour or so :whistling:

what could be the problem?

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Dust, first. Get a can of air and blow it out a bit, should help. What indicators are you seeing that the overheating is caused by a slow fan?

JFonseka

JFonseka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Dust, first. Get a can of air and blow it out a bit, should help. What indicators are you seeing that the overheating is caused by a slow fan?

Well, i opened up my computer and my fan which is over the processor keeps changin speed, goes slow then speeds up, goes slow, speeds up, etc. and even when it speeds up it looks like its spinning less than half of what it should be. I can actually make out the blades of the fan, and I shouldn't be able to...