Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Ghost won't allow normal XP boot

• Please log in to reply

stormie

stormie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old version on Norton Ghost (2003). I just got an external USB drive and wanted to do
image copies of my hard drives. It worked find on a machine running 2000. When I tried to do an image save on an XP machine, it hangs up in the DOS Virtual partition that Ghost puts in place of the normal boot partition.

On start, I can access the F2(Setup) and F12 (Maintenance and Dell Utilities). But these do not allow me to get past the Ghost virtual partition. F8 does not work.

Norton has a .EXE file known as ghreboot.exe that should remove the virtual partition and restore the normal partition. but it does not work.

Any ideas of how to remove this Ghost Partition and allow me to get back up?

Thanks
Stormie

Advertisements