Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Memory Error

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi fellow helpers,

This is a new one on me. I am attempting to install Money 2006.

I get the following error:

Setup.exe - Application Error

The instruction at '0x004941eb" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

Neither OK option or cancel option return anything.

Any help is appreciated.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I had a similar problem trying to install Money 2005 to a intel 3.0 puter. I think we just went to the support.microsoft website and downloaded the exe file from website to install. Since we were registered owners microsoft let us do this. There was some mention of incompatibility upgrades in the 2005 version that the downloaded file fixed. I'm not sure this related to you but it could be.

Many times you need to turn off any anti-virus programs you have to install microsoft software on your computer. I have also had to turn off file compression in certain folders for software to install.