Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taskbar Problems

• Please log in to reply

Drfunk

Drfunk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I'm having some issues with my windows taskbar, I'm not sure when it all started, but i'm pretty sure it began when i installed yahoo messenger then uninstalled some of it's components.

I can't right click on any of my taskbar minimized windows which used to bring up a menu with four or five options, and now does nothing when i attempt a right click.

Also windows minimized to the taskbar appear to opening behind each other rather than in front of each other as they should/used to do (and it doesn't matter what program i try to click on from the taskbar they all seem to open under the current window) and it's really frustrating to have to alt-tab to get to the other windows all the time.

All other task bar functions seem to work just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Do a System Restore

Drfunk

Drfunk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I already tried that. And it didn't restore anything to do with the taskbar. The problems still existed after the restore, so this is not an option.

Drfunk

Drfunk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i don't know what i did but everything seems to work again now, thanks again. My computer must've just needed a rest.....