Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for software to post data online

• Please log in to reply

limeman

limeman

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I have some material that I would like to post online for about 300 different people to view. They viewers do not need to change the files, only view and possible print or download to desktop.

What software package exists that would allow me to do this? Or is there a different way to do this (online backup service)?

Thanks

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
U can upload ur files at file uploadin sites such as

www.rapidshare.com
www.savefile.com

limeman

limeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Both of these programs will throw out your data if it is not accessed within a certain time frame. I am looking for something that will hold my data whether I look at it or not.

I have considered using Google Groups, but without paying for service, they have no obligation to me and could close my acct at anytime.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Are you necessarily looking for a free service? What is the size of the data you want posted?

limeman

limeman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Not necesarily Free, I am open to whatever. As for size, for now, under 300 megs, but planning to add over time.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You might look at xdrive.com. My sister uses it (for backup storage) and hasn't had any trouble. I believe the free service includes 5GB of storage. I don't really know what would be involved in allowing all your users access.