Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start menu

• Please log in to reply

pricetax

pricetax

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Can someone please tell me where to find the list of programs that I can modify that starts up when the computer is turned on. The toolbar in lower right has all these things and probably more that start up when I start up the computer, I would like to change some of those so the computer will load faster, and only get those when I need them.

Thanks

Advertisements

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
click Start. Select Run. Type msconfig.msc. It's under the last tab, Start Up.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Use ccleaner.com and click the tools/start buttons and delete any and all startup programs or uninstall any programs on your computer. This is the best program for cleaning your computer too.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Use StartUpCPL. It puts a tab in your Control Panel that allows you to select what loads at boot. You can change settings back if you change your mind about a particular program. Do not untick anything related to your AV/Firewall protection.
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
Johanna