Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Playing CD

• Please log in to reply

Moonface

Moonface

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When playing an audio CD I get a continuous popping noise behind the music. If I save the same tracks to the hard drive from the same player then play them back from the hard drive using the same speakers there is no popping noise. I don't want to load a lot of music onto the hard drive, just listen to an occasional CD while I am working.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This could be the vibrations you're picking up from the CD unit spinning as it plays the CDs. If the problem was with actually playing the CDs, the popping noise would be present when you ripped them to the hard drive. It is possible that your speakers are picking up on the vibrations and converts them into little popping noises, or you're hearing them when the music plays.