Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system file question

• Please log in to reply

slyforestfire

slyforestfire

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am wondering if system file kb891711 is a file I should worry about. That file hasn't started before upon comp. startup. Should I keep it or delete it?

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Yes, I would keep it as it is a Windows Update. More information about it can be found here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891711

B

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
However, it causes problems for a lot of machines.

If you don't notice problems, then by all means keep it, but if odd errors begin to occur, try removing it and see if that helps.

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi

Where did you see this info - is it in [control panel][add/remove programs][windows setup]?

It looks like a windows update - the kb refers to 'knowledge base' and then the no. - most likely a critical update for your version of windows.

Go to microsoft.com, click on support and enter your kb no. and do a search - should find it there!

daveB - LinuxWannabee :tazz: