Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Digital Camera Connection

• Please log in to reply

dayztar

dayztar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Kodak EasyShare CX6230 camera. Each time I attempt to transfer photos from my camera to my pc, I receive the following notice: You must connect to a device.

When I first logon to the desktop, I receive a notice of a USB Serial Bus....Unknown. This is the port to which the camera is connected.

I've contacted Kodak many times by phone in their resolution center, but they cannot seem to be able to correct this problem. They seemed to think the application is corrupted; however, I downloaded directly from Kodak's site and updated my version. In the registry under Eastman Kodak, it does list the model of the camera.

I welcome your advice.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Don't use their software, just plug the camera in and it'll show up in My Computer as a Removable drive. From here if you go onto the new drive, and go down the folders as they are present, somewhere along the line will be the actual pictures. Select the ones you want, open My Documents and drag them into My Documents.