Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error reports on Windows XP.

• Please log in to reply

Chris22764

Chris22764

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
In the last few days the programs running on my windows xp keep getting the same error report, and then the program crashes

Here is a screenshot of what i get.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Attached Thumbnails

• error.PNG

Advertisements

Chris22764

Chris22764

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
This is happening more frequently, can anyone help please?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Try a System File Check.
Start > Run > cmd
type
sfc /scannow
You will be prompted to insert your XP CD.

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

If you want to see what was replaced, right click My Computer > manage, expand event viewer > system.

System File Checker (sfc)
Scans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer.

Also, go into Device Mgr. and see if there are any errors. Are there any errors in the event log?
Johanna

Chris22764

Chris22764

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
It turns out i am not the only one experiencing this problem on my network.
My parents computer is the one that serves the internet connection to the rest of the computers in the house. The other computers on the network get the same error as that, whereas my parents computer completely freezes.

I am going to try what you just told me right now.

Chris22764

Chris22764

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No one can help me? :whistling:

Chris22764

Chris22764

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Someone please help, this problem is happening more frequent and getting really bad =\

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Unplug the modem and router (cut the electricity), wait a minute of two, then reboot your parents' computer, and plug everything back in during the Windows Splash screen. Check your parents' computer's event log. Did you run the SFC on your parents' computer, too? You have to help us to help you.
Johanna