Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunwa 7.0.2.16

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. I just got me iTunes 7. :blink:

When I used it by it self it works fine. However, when I plug in my iPod video it takes on average 7-9 minutes for iTunes to find iPod. And then iTunes work slowly, and respond to each click of a mouse with 30 second delay. If I try to drag and drop something from library into iPod i never know if it did. :whistling: Please help me. I have old installer and can completely remove new version and use old one, but I don't know how iPod will react to it, as it just updated it's software with new iTunes. And also, I don't want to lose any settings, compilations, and stuff like that from my iTunes library. What do I do, wait for the updated hopping bugs will go away, or just uninstall and reinstall? I am beoyond words with my disappointment in Apple.

Here's a great part: iTunes look pretty. :help:

Advertisements

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok. Here's what I did. While at iTUnes 7 I saved library by exporting it. Then I uninstalled iTUnes 7, and installed iTUnes 6. After that iTUnes 6 did not start as it said that the library is from the newer version. I found active iTunes Library.itl file and deleted it. Then I opened iTunes, imported saved .xml file into "blank" iTunes 6. And now I have my wonderful iTUnes 6 back with the most recent library, purring like a kitten. I am happy. This thread may be locked. :whistling: