Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Touch pad too sensitive

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I would like to thank both of you for your help. :whistling:

You cannot fix a battery failure with a software update

I'm unsure if it's a battry failure or if it was something on the board that wasn't letting it charge. That is why I asked about it. I would hate to spend 100+ dollars and find out it is something else.

I pad works fine, but it's just really sensitive. I guess she (my wife) will just have to get used to it. Or I will have to buy a wireless mouse for her. Just thought I would try to figure something out for her.

Thanks again

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i doubt that the battery issue would be related to xp at all...but...i mean...there's always a chance....but...any problems with a battery that were OS related would be more along the lines of the power level not being reported correctly...wouldn't have anything to do with the actual charging as thats controled by the board not the os

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

i doubt that the battery issue would be related to xp at all...but...i mean...there's always a chance....but...any problems with a battery that were OS related would be more along the lines of the power level not being reported correctly...wouldn't have anything to do with the actual charging as thats controled by the board not the os

Okay thanks for the help. I guess it's time to spend some money.

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Well,

I just thought I would let everyone here know this.

The went and donwloaded the windows 2000 driver for the touchpad. Just because I was told not to.. I listen just about as well as my kids....lol..... I created a recovery point first just to be on the safe side. I figured that if it didn't work then I would just roll back the drivers or recovery the system.

The results are GREAT!!!! everything seems to work fine and I have all kinds of options for the pad now.

The bad news
Is now I can't figure this out now.. I got used to tapping the pad to ckick.. Now I have this turn off and it's messing me up. But my wife will :whistling: me now...

Just thought I would pass this along incase someone ever updates a dinosaur (gateway solo 5300) to Windows XP.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i'm glad it worked for you....i just can't, in good concience ever suggest that someone install a driver that's specificaly stated not to be compatible with their os....it can cause big issues....

but...like i said i'm glad it worked for you (being contrary works out sometimes :whistling: )