Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont stay on for bios

• Please log in to reply

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I just changed my pc case. used anti-static wrist band, plugged everything in where it should, pc powers up, everything turns on, green light on mobo to say tis working fans start optical drives start hdds start, video card starts, nothing happens. Any help would be great

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does ANYTHING show on the screen? is your video card hooked up properly? do you have two cards? one onboard and one not?

Dan1887

Dan1887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
alright, I pulled it right out fo the case, threw it on a cardboard box, cpu, heatsink, cpu fan, 1 512 stick, video card and psu, green light comes on mobo, fan wont spin, no beeps, does that mean mobo is dead?

dospoy

dospoy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
what size psu do you have? and what motherboard and gfx card?

are you using everything that you used before? you just changed the case?

Dan1887

Dan1887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
yup everything that i used before just changed the case, fixed the problem however now it can;t find my graphics adapters so i am gonna have to re-install video card and i am gonna have to do a windows xp repair cause the root/system32/hal.dll file is missing.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what did you change to make it boot?

Dan1887

Dan1887

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
where i plugged the case power switch connector, it was in the wrong spot on the diagram in the manual and i used a trial an error proccess, i just don't understand how my root file got corrupted or why my gfx card isn;t working properly. Ohh i also changed psu from a 250 watt to a 400 watt