Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a940 all in 1 dell printer

• Please log in to reply

master__of__disaster

master__of__disaster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought a new 8250 in may of 03, my hard drive crashed, and dell came out and installed a new 1. Since then, my dell's printer has not worked and the 90 day warranty had run out.. i have called dell," u can't understand em" and they ask me about my numbers and say it's out of warranty and nothing they can do. I have even went and bought a new printer, tried to hook that up, with all new stuff" cords" nothing. I even tried hookin up the a490 to my other dell. still nothing. This is one of my Questions, since i can't find it out anywhere, even dell won't help me"even tho i still have a warranty on my comp. When the printer used to work, there was a solid green light, now all it does is blink? why does it blink? Pluswhen i hook up my printer to the comp. it does find it right away, but when i try to install it with the disc, nothing, it won't figure it out, and even the dl from dell hasn't helped.......

Note. I have only printed with this piece of junk 6 times.

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
It sounds like a driver problem. I would suggest removing all of your dell drivers and reinstalling from scratch. Sometimes multiple drivers can cause compatibility issues. Hope you figure out the problem.

Good luck. :tazz:

master__of__disaster

master__of__disaster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i guess i can try that.....ty

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
you can install the printer with drivers built in from xp...go to printers/faxes in your control panel and run the add printer wizard, then select your printer and install all the nessasary drivers, reboot and it should work fine :tazz: