Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

old harddrive, new computer

• Please log in to reply

simonskid

simonskid

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry I posted this one under Win98 questions originally - newcomer to this site.

Hi,

I'm trying to update computers at our local school, and we have the opportunity to replace some of the very old machines with second-hand newer machines whhich have had the hard-drives removed.

Problems are: school computers have licenced applications on the hard-drives which we cannot reinstall (cds are missing).

Is it possible to simply remove the hard-drives from the old machines and put them in the new? OS is win98 2nd edition. What problems might we encounter? What is the difficulty level (I'm a programmer, rather than a builder!!)

Thanks for any help,

Simons

Advertisements

simonskid

simonskid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
[bleep]! Posted it back *there*.