Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

angel5565

angel5565

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have two related issues, one of which doesn't belong on this topic, but the other does -- maybe you can help?

I have a notebook computer with a widescreen. When I first started using the computer, much of my text was very small and I had trouble reading, so I changed my screen resolution. Normal is 96dpi, I had it at a custom of around 110dpi (I have undone this, so I don't remember exactly). However, this caused certain applications and web pages to display funny and hard to read as well, so I recently went back to 96dpi.

Now my font in Outlook 2003 is TINY and impossible to read. I went into the view menu to custom or customize, and I have tried numerous times to change the font size, but every time I try to do that, the application crashes and closes on me!! Do you understand this?!?! (btw, I have Outlook 2003 through Outlook Live, which I think the only difference is supposed to be that it has Outlook connector, but I am wondering if it only installed one font size for each view??) I have no idea.

The off-topic question - I have changed all of the settings that I can think of in the display properties, etc., but some things, such as my taskbar at the bottom of the screen, are still very very small. Is there any way to fix this sizing issue without messing everything up that I am missing? (I have large fonts turned on in accessibility, as well.)

Thanks!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
instead of changing the font size...change your screen resolution

right click your desktop > properties > settings tab > then move the screen resolution slider till you find one you like...press apply then ok

angel5565

angel5565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. None of the other screen resolutions that are offered to me are in the correct dimentions, so my icons, fonts, etc look either very wide and fat, or tall and skinny if I change the resolution. Also, some of the things on my screen, such as internet explorer look just fine like they are now,it's just the Outlook that is miserably small. If I could fix only that, I'd be happy. Thanks!