Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PROBLEM WITH KEYBOARD KEYS PLZ HELP!

• Please log in to reply

dejavouz

dejavouz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi im having problems with my keyboard keys, i wasnt sure where to post this but i am sorry if i have done so in the wrong location...currently it seems that my keyboard keys dont seem to match what i actually type on the keyboard, for example: ' seems to move my cursor up a line after i press it and the enter key types an = sign after it enters and vice versa when i tap the equal sign..this is very annoying and doenst allow me to type properly can someone please help asap? thank you

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, welcome to this site
remember we are working blind so bare with us
to help others reply to your question
if you haven't mentioned it yet:
- what model of computer
- what os, XPpro or home
- how old is it

to topic then
- is the cursor movement the only problem here
- what the basic keyboard language
- are the number keys also moving the cursor

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Maybe the language of the keyboard was changed you might wanna check that. You can find the keyboard properties in Control Panel>Keyboard.

dejavouz

dejavouz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you for your reply,

I am currently using Microsoft XP Professional version 2002 Sp2 and my computer is only about 8 months old.

The cursor isnt the only problem, it seems that there are some other keys that have changed their properties
the ']' button shows ]\ and the the number keys seem to be working fine. The main big problem is with the enter key as i have stated. Here is an example of what happens when i press the enter key three times:
=
=
= I brings up the equal sign. And if i press the equal sign three times it brings the same thing.
=
=
= not only does it show equal but it enters a new line with it. this may seem confusing and i am sorry but it seem the language may have been changed. I dont really know how to check this under the keyboard settings or how to change it.

Also with the apostrophie key that is the only time that the cursor moves up a line after i do press the key. Also i have noticed that the delete key brings up ]\ as well.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
OK, I am not conviced myself that it is another language of the keyboard, more likely something special to the make of the computer which you haven't mentioned yet, laptop or desktop, well at least the computer is still under warrenty

question
- does the maker's site mention any special keys

keyboard, adding another language
have XP offer you the choice of keyboard languages

runbox command
- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r
- paste this in slot: intl.cpl
- press: enter
- click tab: languages
- click box: details
(setting window appears)
- click box: add
ignore: input languge
- choose in keyboard layout your language
- click: ok

Edited by fleamailman, 09 November 2006 - 09:54 PM.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
actually, that just sounds like a bad keyboard to me. Sounds remarkably like something of a liquid persuasion got spilled on it.

dejavouz

dejavouz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok well it is a desktop and now i have even more worrying news as whe]n i type] an e] it give]s the] braCke]t as follows and you can also notiCe] that a capital c cOm]es out inst]ead of a lowe]rCas]e c. =

=im am typing e]verything without cOrre]cting it also i have] trie]d to change] the] layout but it still doe]snt chang]e anything. Also i am using the] windows m]edia digital k]eyboard and have] notiCe]d that whe]n i pre]ss the] e]nte]r button a light cOme]s on at the] top ne]xt to the] num lock light. iv notice]d that it is the] scrlk f]eature]...maybe] this may he]lp??

dejavouz

dejavouz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
also th]e apostrophy s]ee]ms to hav]e a diffe]re]nt Command once] i use] it on microsoft word, inste]ad it brings up the] print option..

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
question
- what happens if you use another keyboard
(I want to know if it is the keyboard or the computer)