Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

noob needs computer help

• Please log in to reply

koshercola

koshercola

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey Im now getting Battlefield 2142 and wanna make sure I can play it, I probably should have done it before buying but yeah Im noob. It dowsn't say radeon x200 on the supported graphics card list. I have this one geforce 6800 or 6600 I think but I dont know how to install...last time I insalled something I fried my motherboard and lost my computer. If i could get help on how to install I think I can do it or if I dont need to great. Check my system specs I put them in when i registered. Ummm do I have enough Ram also is there way I can free up some ram or something if I need more? Anything helps guys thanks. Im hoping to get new comp for christmas actually new gaming notebook thatll end all the trouble but all my friends are playinf BF 2142 and before I know it they will be some crazy rank and I'll be a pathetic private HELP! Thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

hey Im now getting Battlefield 2142 and wanna make sure I can play it, I probably should have done it before buying but yeah Im noob. It dowsn't say radeon x200 on the supported graphics card list. I have this one geforce 6800 or 6600 I think but I dont know how to install...last time I insalled something I fried my motherboard and lost my computer. If i could get help on how to install I think I can do it or if I dont need to great. Check my system specs I put them in when i registered. Ummm do I have enough Ram also is there way I can free up some ram or something if I need more? Anything helps guys thanks. Im hoping to get new comp for christmas actually new gaming notebook thatll end all the trouble but all my friends are playinf BF 2142 and before I know it they will be some crazy rank and I'll be a pathetic private HELP! Thanks :whistling:

alright for the card just install the drivers first, shut it down, take side panel off of case, pop card in. does the card have a plug on it? if so plug it in. also it would help if we knew what ghz your cpu is, and size of your ram, also whats your os?

koshercola

koshercola

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
kk kewl looks like it isnt too hard to install thanks. Umm i did dxdiag and:

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 894MB RAM (I dont what you mean by size of ram it says on my computer that it came with 1.0 GB PC3200 DDR 3DRAM Memory)

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Thanks for helping me man. LOL I cant believe you replied at 11:30 lol

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

kk kewl looks like it isnt too hard to install thanks. Umm i did dxdiag and:

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 894MB RAM (I dont what you mean by size of ram it says on my computer that it came with 1.0 GB PC3200 DDR 3DRAM Memory)

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Thanks for helping me man. LOL I cant believe you replied at 11:30 lol

11:30? i replied at 8am lol, otherwise im almost positive your computer will play the game, i dont know what its requirements are but i cant see it needing more than 1.5ghz, and 512mb ram

koshercola

koshercola

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
wow that was really wierd next to your name it said yesterday 11:28pm man maybe not refreshed. LOL I thought it was funny cuz i went to bed at 11:00 after refreshing every 10mins sice i posted. Thanx glad to know its gonna work. I hope my internet connection wont make it lag that would really piss me off. I have Clearwire lol hope its ok for gaming. Ill install that card now I guess newegg said estimated delivery sometime today and they are pretty good. UPS is nice. Thanx again man. :whistling:

koshercola

koshercola

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
uh oh problem...I think my computer cant use the graphics card I have. My motherboard or something cant use it. Am I going to be okay with radeon x200 series. Aww man that sucks. The radeon x200 isnt on their list... I hope I can just play with all stats on low and stuff aww man. F***!