Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD monitors

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I want to get a new LCD monitor due to my crt not being able to fit on my new desk. Ive found a couple I like but not sure about all the specs. one has a max resolution of 1440x900 for wide screen monitor and the other is 1280x1024. Will this make any noticable difference and is it due to one monitor being widescreen that the numbers for it are weird?
Also the aspect ratio is a concern. Is this how much viewing area is available during a wide screen movie? Ive seen 16:9 16:10 and 4:3. I think 4:3 is normal and would be like 16:12 when comparing to the others. Is the second number how tall the picture will be?
The last thing im wondering about is whats the difference between DVI-D and analog vs DVI-D with HDCP vs 15 pin D-sub, DVI-D. Are they all the same plug type or will i need a new video card? I currently have a NVIDIA GeForce 6800

If there is anything else I should know about an LCD monitor or your opinion on the widescreen monitors feel free to comment
Thanks for your help

Advertisements