Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop on Bootup

• Please log in to reply

Frank The Rabbit

Frank The Rabbit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The title and subject are pretty self explanatory. I have a little problem that poses no real threat but irritates me somewhat.

I share a computer with others, so there's multiple users. For about 2 months now everytime you start up the computer my background pops up in between the Windows XP logo with the blue load bar and the log in screen. I am a bit of a perfectionist so when this happens it's kind of annoying. Anyone know how to fix this up?

Thanks.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
I don't know if it works or not . Try repairing ur windows
http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Sometimes XP saves the last used wallpaper and it will flash briefly at boot and shutdown. There is a registry key that is holding this info. Quick fix- change your wallpaper to blank, reboot, then put your wallpaper back again. At least the other users will only see the flash of blank instead of your personal picture.
Johanna

Frank The Rabbit

Frank The Rabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cheers.